Pattern - Ottobre 1/2008 - 2 (Susette Sash Pants)
Size - 74
- I am very happy that I actually worked out how to sew it all together with the brief instructions and lack of pictures in an Ottobre pattern.
- Love my fabrics! I chose them about 6 months ago but never got around to using them!
- My belt loops turned out pretty well without too much fiddling
- I learnt a new way to do a waist band and now that I know how to go it I can neaten it up!
- The little gathers are SO cute!
- I had to unpick the elastic on the legs THREE times before I got it right!! It nearly went flying across the room!
- They are a little big for Isla. In fact they fit Elsa better! Fine in length but WAY too wide!
- My overlocker is broken so they are not as neat on the inside as I would have liked but no one sees that but me.
What I would do differently next time
- I wouldn't add a seam allowance as they would be wide enough without it
- I would make the belt loops shorter so that there is room to finish the waistband more neatly
- I wouldn't stay up so late to finish them as I am suffering for it today!!