Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

What’s for dinner? {Carrot Soup}

Do you love cooking or is it just another job that must be done? I think for me it is both. I love to cook when I have the time but it is not so enjoyable when Miss 4yo wants help with her game and wants it NOW, Miss 3yo wants another apple and wants it peeled and then it isn’t peeled the ‘right’ way and then we have a tantrum to deal with and Miss 1yo just wants to be held. Yep, this is what seems to happen whenever I start to prepare our dinner!
Today though I started when Miss 1yo was sleeping and it worked really well. I really must be more organised and do this more often!
With no plans I opened the fridge to see what we had…carrots, lots of carrots. So what do you make when you have carrots and not much else? Carrot Soup!
I do have my soup recipe that can be adjusted to whatever I have in the fridge but I decided to be adventurous and make something different.
After a little search I found this recipe and I have adjusted it a little to suit.
So here is my version of the above recipe
Carrot Soup
Serves 6
2 ProPoints per serve
Ingredients
  • 1.5kg carrots, peeled
  • 2 onions, quartered
  • 6 cloves or garlic
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 3 tbs white wine
  • 4 sprigs of thyme
  • 6 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
012
Chop carrots into chunks
020
Place in a casserole dish (with a lid) along with the onions, garlic, olive oil, butter, cumin and white wine. I dotted my butter over the top so as it melted it would cover all the carrots more evenly.
039
Take photo of super cute 3 year old helper at her request
029
Cover and place in preheated oven for 1hr or until carrots are tender
Add stock and blend
Season to taste
060

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails