Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EXTREME KNITTING!

So you know that list I made? Well I haven’t done anything off it! I don’t know what gets into me but I think I am just ultra good at procrastinating! Seeing a gorgeous scarf a fellow Raveler had made for her daughters teacher I was inspired to do the same. This was a week ago…and no it wasn’t just 1 scarf, it was THREE! Elsa has two gorgeous assistants in the class and I wanted to make one for each of them too.

My lovely friend Jess came to my rescue and made one of them for me which was wonderful as I wouldn’t have got a third done in time. The other two were up to me to make. I finished the first on Monday, hmmm that is 2 days until school finishes..could I do it? Not one to walk away from a challenge I was up late on Monday casting on the 3rd scarf. Tuesday my house…well lets just say than not a lot got done. Elsa was very good at telling the other girls that I was busy knitting for her teachers so I got quite a bit done but I didn’t actually cast off until this afternoon at 1:00pm!! I had to leave to pick Elsa up at 2:00pm! It NEEDED blocking. The lace wasn’t open at all and it would curl up and twist! So I washed it in hot water and put it in the washing machine for a good spin then i pinned it out under the heat pump(turned right up!) and got out the hairdryer! I am happy to say that an hour later it was dry and wrapped!

009017022032

2 comments:

  1. These look lovely!
    I can't remember how many times I've been still making something up to the very last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those scarves are GORGEOUS! you are so ambitious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails