Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hazel Apron Twirl Skirt

I love this pattern! It is from Violette Field Threads. I have sewn it a few times now. I loved the little corduroy version for Winter. So sweet and fun for little girls to be able to change their look by reversing the apron! The denim ones I have been making lately are even more versatile as they can be worn year round, especially here in Tasmania where our summers are cooler and the amount of fabric in the skirt shouldn't be too much for most days.

collage_websized 

The denim is a very light denim and works really well in a skirt. I added a trim on the bottom of the skirt by taking about 1 inch off the skirt pattern pieces and then cutting a 3 inch strip for the trim. It is folded in half and sewn onto the skirt hem then topstitched on the denim to hold it in place and make it look a little more finished.

031

001

010

016  

Oh and that bow on the coat hanger? That is a hair clip I made to match! I am now making these for me Wee Threads store. They are so sweet in a little girls hair or even in an adults hair…very vintage/retro.

018019

I was going to take some modelled photos but I just wasn’t happy with how it looked with a t-shirt. I really want to be able to show off the buttons and the top of the apron so I think it needs to be worn with something tucked into it. I have decided that the Madelyn Top (also from Violette Field Threads) will be perfect. I don’t have the fabric for this yet so I will have to order some. I got out my KONA colour card and chose the perfect colour pink to match. I am not sure if I will do it all pink or pink with a floral collar…I am leaning towards all pink though as it will go with more.

041

043 

Pattern – Hazel from Violette Field Threads

Fabric – Denim from my wholesaler, Out to Sea by Sarah Jane purchased from Hawthorne Threads

Notions – 4 buttons and elastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails